Welcome to Little Falls Swimming Club Summer of 2021!
We are delighted that we can open on time this year and recent health department guidance allows us to lift most of the restrictions we had to employ last season. Please read with care the following information below but the headlines are:
- We are opening on time for all members and for our Full Season Guest and Senior Emeritus categories.
- Senior Emeriti will enjoy the same privileges they had in 2019.
- We will not require reservations for recreational swimming.
- We will not start the season with lap lane reservations owing to reservation system glitches and the need to assess demand during the first few weeks.
- There will no longer be a mask mandate in effect.
- There will no longer be a one-swimmer-per-lane rule for lap swimming.
- Swim and Dive teams are BACK! GO PENGUINS!
- SOCIALS ARE BACK!
- Equity Members and Senior Emeriti may purchase Daily Guest Passes and sign guests into the pool.
We had to open late last summer. We have all spent a LOT of time in our houses this year. It is time to get outside and refresh, reconnect, and recommit and so the Board has voted to increase operating hours this summer.
Operating Hours (June 12 onward)
- Monday-Friday: 6:30am – 8:00am
- Monday-Friday: 11:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am – 9:00pm
Will there be Early Bird swimming and do I have to sign up?
We are excited to announce that we will be offering Early Bird swimming starting next Tuesday, June 1. Early Bird swimming is from 6:30am – 8:00am. WE ARE NOT GOING TO REQUIRE RESERVATIONS at this time. Early Bird swimming will be open to Equity Members as well as to our Full Season Guests and Senior Emeritus households.
While we are not going to require reservations at this time, we are going to monitor usage patterns and may institute reservations later. Our hope is that by offering Early Bird swimming from the beginning of the season and expanding our daytime hours, we can accommodate the increased demand for lap swimming.
Is there going to be a swim and dive team? How do I learn more?
We are so excited to cheer on our Penguins this summer! Visit the Swim and Dive Team website for more information.
Do I have to show proof of vaccination to come to the pool?
NO. Please keep your vaccination cards at home where they can remain dry and chlorine-free!
Do I have to wear a mask at the pool?
Montgomery County Health Department guidelines will no longer require the wearing of masks outdoors so there will be no mask mandate enforced at the pool. We are asking anyone who comes to the pool to determine the appropriate masking and social distancing choices based on your own personal circumstances and what is comfortable for you and your family members. We are also asking that everyone recommit to maintaining the health and safety of our pool community. Everyone did a great job last year being conscientious and mindful about stopping the spread of COVID. Let’s keep up the good work.
The last week has brought some welcome news. If you attended the Town Hall, you know that even just a few weeks ago, we anticipated opening with the same restrictions under which we operated last season. Recent action by the County Council, County Executive, and Montgomery County Health Department meant that we could reconsider our plans for the upcoming season. Thank you for your patience as we sifted through this new information in order to update our policies to conform to the new guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you poolside!
The Little Falls Swimming Club Board